Author Candace Shaw offered this book for a limited-time free download on Amazon, and I scapped this baby up fast as could be. And I am glad I did, because it gave me a fun, sexy weekend read.
There are so many reasons to like about this book. Here are my five.
- Unexpected professions – normally males tend to have the alpha professions in romance novels. I liked how Shelbi was the doctor and Justin the chef. A sort of role reversal that worked perfectly.
- Location – I don’t know much about Memphis, so this was a great location for me. The author’s descriptions gave a good flavor of the city (pun totally intended), and it made me want to visit. My mouth is set for some of that barbecue for real.
- Storyline – the story was believable, fast-paced, and fun with enough twists and turns to keep the reader involved.
- Characters – the book really shines in this department with full-bodied characters. Shelbi comes across accomplished, smart, confident, sexy and sensitive…but with one little glitch in her armor that keeps the story humming. Justin is an ultra-sexy socially conscious chef with a childhood tragedy still haunting him.
- Secondary Characters – here the author truly shines. Ms. Shaw’s secondary characters come alive on the pages almost as much as the main characters. I know I will enjoy reading the stories of Shelbi’s sisters Bria and Raven, as well as brother Cannon.
Cooking up love spiced up my weekend.
Candace Shaw Connects: